WARNING! You WILL become addicted to my wife’s caramel popcorn!! Now on every occasion and for every event… people ask my wife to make this! We had it for my sisters baby shower, for Thanksgiving, and we will FOR SURE have it on Christmas! PLUS your house smells so wonderful after baking this.
We have to thank the Werther’s Bakery in Germany at Epcot for this inspiration. Here’s how to make this homemade goodness…
Melt two sticks of Margarine
Add Two cups of Brown Sugar,
½ cup of White Karo Syrup, and
1 Tsp of Salt.
– Stir together until you see it begin to boil. THEN boil for 5 minutes but DO NOT STIR!
– After 5 minutes… remove from the heat, stir in 1 tsp of baking soda and 2 tsp of vanilla
– Put popcorn in a large plastic bow, pour caramel over the popcorn and stir till it is completely coated.
– Spread popcorn out on a cookie she that is sprayed with oil and bake at 225 degrees for 45 minutes
– Stir popcorn every 15 mins
– Let the popcorn cool in the pans and then store it in plastic containers or in plastic bags until you’re ready to serve!
Good luck and let me know how it turns out! ENJOY <3